Mind Fuel - reading list
As I am learning about different things, one of the things I have learnt is that it is just as important to feed your mind with the right fuel, the same way you feed your body. If you fuel your body with junk, you feel yuck. The same goes for your mind. Fill it with rubbish and it affects the way you look at life.
I am a person that doesn't make time to sit down and read. I have discovered audio books. Best invention ever! There are so many times during my day when I can listen. I listen while I work rather than watching/listening to rubbish TV. I listen when I drive rather than listening to the radio. I listen when I'm doing jobs that I don't really need to think about like mowing the lawns. By doing this, I have got through a huge amount of books in the short time I have been doing this. So much information and interesting stuff out there!
I found it hard to know where to start so I used www.goodreads.com I picked a subject I was interested in, looked at the rating of some of the books that looked interesting, chose a few and went from there. What I like about Good Reads is that it will then recommend others that are similar. You can also add books that might interest you to a 'want to read' list. There are all sorts of lists complied by others you can explore as well.
I have compiled a list of my favourties so far and will add to it as I find more.
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones - James Clear
- The Talent Code: Unlocking the Secret of Skill in Sports, Art, Music, Math, and Just About Everything Else - Daniel Coyle
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business - Charles Duhigg
- How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking - Susan Cain
- Can't Hurt Me: Master Your Mind and Defy the Odds - David Goggins
- Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life - Maxwell Maltz
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World - Cal Newport
- The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success - Darren Hardy
- The Psychology of Performance: How to Be Your Best in Life - Eddie O'Connor
- The Magic of Thinking Big - David J Schwartz
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead - Brene Brown
- You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life - Jen Sencero
- Everything is Figureoutable: How One Simple Belief Can Help Us Overcome Any Obstacle and Create Unstoppable Success - Marie Forleo
- Crushing It!: How Great Entrepreneurs Build Their Business and Influence—and How You Can, Too - Gary Vaynerchuk
- Any Ordinary Day: Blindsides, Resilience and What Happens After the Worst Day of Your Life - Leigh Sales